
yes the paris is crap blog is coming. i keep forgetting to bring my camera to work and well the evenings get away from me rather quickly with meetings and friends and even a little of the olympics smattered in here and there!
but i'm at a bit of a turning point in my life. and am ready to shed some things that have been in the way, so to speak. im probably one of the most easy going people you would ever meet, but sometimes things get wedged up in there, and are hard to let to. and when you least expect it, they make even the simplist things difficult. so its time for some shedding. kind of appropriate as we head in to spring. time to refocus on the things that matter and let go the things that dont. i have this amazing friend who spends endless hours on email with me going back and forth (ummmm do people actually work all day? really?) about everything and nothing all at the same time. and its probably the best thing in the world when someone gets you. and makes it all OK.
coach talked to me the other day about glass ceilings and attitude. i dont have that fire right now, and its really showing. i know many of you are in teh same boat as me, working full time, (maybe even traveling alot like i do) and trying to fit in friends and other obligations and still find time for quality training. its tough. and yet that cant be an excuse to slack off or be mentally tired or just "get it done". its that same turning point.
i realize this post has little to no meaning to anyone other than myself but sometimes it just helps to write it all down. i promise to try to be funny next time!!!

5 comments:
Oh Kari - I had no idea... your blogs have been a bit different - less training and stuff like that, but that's okay! I think what you're experiencing is TOTALLY NORMAL. It is TOUGH racing and training and training and racing year after year after year. And I think every athlete goes through a time when it just feels forced. So the best thing you can do - NOT force it. :) Do what makes you happy, because in the end that's all that really matters (in both triathlon and life). And don't let the fact that you may not want to train as hard or race as much get you down - because you are such an awesome person, with amazing things to say and one of the best outlooks on life that I know. So there. (And there is SO much more to life than just training and racing...for some people it works great! And for others - not so much. And that's okay!!!)
Chin up my friend! I'm thinking of you!!
Oh Kari!
I get you! you get me.
Wait...that sounded way to much like the "you complete me" line from Jerry Mcquire.
Oops, that is funny.
Hang in there and we are gonna have fun in tucson, despite my weird emails earlier this week. Everyone is feeling this way ( at least those of us in snow and ice)
Hang in there!
keep your head up and keep moving forward. you are a strong person but use that support when you need it. tri can wait - deal with the other sh*t first.
I get it!!!! We are sharing the same brain wave. I just got off of the phone with a friend that rode his bike today- in the middle of the gorgeous day- of course I was working so those gifts don't come my way and I just don't know how to dot it all. It is so hard to balance it all and stay motivated. Now go drink some wine!!!! that is an order! you are in france!!!! wine and chocolate, repeat after me....wine and chocolate!!!!
No problem. You will figure it out I'm sure. Sounds like you already know what you need to do. Your spunk will return in time.
Post a Comment