nope doesnt work for me.
i read one time that abraham lincoln only slept 4 hours a night. every night. that is insane.
especially to a person like me who probably could go 10 hours a night. so when things start to go awry and mess with that, its not a pretty picture. i've got the usual suspects - early morning masters, late nights of debauchery (no comment) and well just general things like nights spent listening to the dogs bark at thunder or bobby snoring or getting up to pee. BUT lately i've had to deal with something that i thought i had under control. my sciatica. ugly word that i'm not always sure i spell right. basically it feels like there is acid running thru my legs. sometimes its a bit like what they call "restless leg syndrome" where you have this uncontrolable need to move your legs- just like a bunch of pins cruising up your entire body (literally) daring you to stay still. makes for a tough night. anyway if you're wondering why i'm grumpy (more than usual!) or delerious or zombie like there's your answer. its because i've been up half the night, icing my back (thats where the epicenter of this whole thing is - where the nerve is messed up- which by the way i think i may have traced back to my paper route i had when i was younger.. carrying around that HUGE sack of newspapers on one shoulder.. hmmm)... moving from bed to couch to other bed and back again...its not fun. so wish me some sweet dream please!
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
yes- from one big sleeper to another. I need 9-10 a night, and I get 6-7. not cool. secondly, I meant to tell you this way back...I have had sciatica problems post surgery!!! I never had any of it before. I went about 5 months with very little sleep because I woke up in pain every single dern night. then I was really grumpy all day long because the pain would linger and I was tired. started lyrica which helped symptoms, but not the issue. anyways, we need to catch up. I didn't know you were still dealing with yours...shoot I hope it clears up because I know it is miserable.
Ambien? just an idea to get you back in sync.
Dont take tylenol PM, seriously. Rich went to this CE where they said ( and i can find the exact study if you want it) there is something in the "PM"s that also correlates with increase in dementia.
Yup. Lack of sleep plus early dementia not good.
Take the ambien.
Oh yuck. Hope your back/legs feel better soon and that you can get some sleep! Being sleep deprived might be the worst thing ever! Sweet dreams and see you soon! :)
Jerome has this - RLS - Restless Leg Syndrome! You know what helps him?? Tonic water! yep! Helps him a TON!!!!
Hey crabby pants! (I can't fathom you being crabby). Best wishes for sweet dreams!
I am sorry to hear that! You never act crabby though. I know how it is to miss sleep. Hope all gets better REAL soon..
Post a Comment