Tuesday, January 13, 2009

bruised and batter

So once again I have uncovered the secret to getting injured in a non contact, completely otherwise non dangerous situation (some will remember the impeccably timed ankle sprain while running with a bag of dirt last summer -1 week out from worlds...hey- I had really tall shoes on) anyway the lastest has resulted in a necetrine (yep that's about the right sized fruit) bump and bruise on the inside crook of my right arm. how does that area of one's body get beaten up? I slapped my arm a few (ok several) times on the lane rope monday morning.. i thoguht that sucker was supposed to give a little bit! Maybe I was still asleep, maybe I was too concentrated on swimming well.. Maybe I am just an idiot ... ok that one. anyway good thing its winter and i'm wearing long sleeves.. no need to explain away domestic violence...

Ok so the other thing I have to say is that I can no longer make choc chip cookies at home. Not only can I not exhibit any self control with the batter (to hell with salmonila), I have seriously seen every bit of that goodness end up on my a##. Yep blown up like that chick veruca at the wonka factory.

and for my closing statement, apparently i have been named a chair on the NC roadrunners board...had no idea as i'm used to just doing a bunch of design work for them (race t shirts, brochures) oh well just another reason to get together with some fun peeps!


bring on the birds!!

No comments: