ok so in all seriousness, why do old men (and when i say old i'm being a bit bitchy by meaning over 40! ha) feel the need to talk to me. at the WEIRDEST times. at the gym the other day some guy comes up to me and says "do you recognize this song?" UMMM huh? did i kareoke it at some bar where you were drinking a manhatten? (turns out it was an old steely dan.. his favorite. gee needed to know that). and yesterday in the pool, every time i came to the wall the guy next to me had something to say "what are you training for" "do you think we'll get snow this winter" "what kind of work do you do" totally appropriate topics as i'm trying to catch my breath and start out on the next set. i got my oil changed the other day and while i'm paying, the guy in the waiting room says to me "so what are your plans for the holidays?" UMMM huh?
ok people so i'm not fishing for compliments. i'll be the first to call myself the ugly stepsister with a grumpy personality... so i just dont get it! i need to ask santa for lessons on giving the evil eye......
so i was telling coach jen last night-- that in the pool i was finally feeling the swimmer come thru. like i was on top of the water and really grabbing on and hauling forward. it was feeling pretty good. till my arms started hurting. all this good form and strong pulling hurts. and that sucks. i'm going back to my lame ass stroke and let that jello arm stuff happen to everyone else! ha.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Those comments are what you get for being a hottie!
Don't you just wish your hubby could overhear all those guys trying to PICK YOU UP??? Make him appreciate what he has!
you had me at the stepsister- grumpy comment- we may me long lost sisters. lucky you, becoming a swimmer. must be nice. :)
I have to say, it really bothers me when people talk to me in between sets in the pool. I mean is it not obvious that I'm breathing hard, working hard and trying to get something done here? Does it look like I want to chat about the weather???? ARGHH!!! And then I feel really bad for being rude. But darned if I'm missing a send off because of it. I would like a swim cap that says "please don't talk to me now; I'd be glad to talk outside of the pool though." Again I say, ARGH!!!!
You just gotta learn one word answers. Go when your interval is, he'll get the point eventually. But yeah, it is annoying.
Post a Comment