here is my race report:
Finish time- not sure- i was literally hobbling to the finish and remembered to stop my watch later after chugging hot chocolate.. so the approx is 1:25.
# times my heart rate was in zone 6 going up these hills- 47
Temp in degrees that morning above zero- 13
# miles I felt "good" - 7, err maybe 6, nothing was marked.
# times I fell - 3 (as in sprawled out across the ground)
# times I rolled down the hill into the ravine after falling-1
# swollen scraped knees that are no longer functional- 2
# gu's that exploded in my glove on impact- 1
# times i could not tell if i was still on the trail or aimlessly wandering thru the woods - 18 (estimate)
# trail runs in my future- 0
on a much more positive note.. i took a little road trip that day to see some good friends. nothing like laughing yourself into convulsions to make life good again :)

4 comments:
Way to hang tough Kari! Glad you enjoyed some girlie time too!
next time we will pick a trail race and meet up and do it together. not during the COLDEST winter the US has had, either. I bet we would have fun!!!!!
Oh wow, what is that race? It has to be my destination race next year, complete with health insurance? Hope you are doing better and way to rock it in for the sake of the hot cocoa!
Hehehe.. you are funny. Hey, you did it!!!
Post a Comment