Tuesday, June 23, 2009

ADD

No not math, lack of attention. That’s what I seem to have lately, or well always. And it’s affecting my ability to write in complete sentences. Therefore I will be creating a bulleted list of updates and well that’s as good as its getting today.

• My little brother came thru town last week. When I say came thru I literally mean used Raleigh as a stopover point. Nothing like the love between siblings. Ha. He was headed to the beach house for some r and r. he managed to buy a somewhat decent though perhaps a bit ill fitting cross bike while here, that will carry him on a 5 day trek from Pittsburgh to DC this summer.

here we are waiting for a table at bone fish...he's so happy to be my brother. haha

• I’ve become a groupie. No not like the old pat mcgee days… but I’ve been doing some group workouts lately – mostly on the bike – which have been mostly great. the one ride gets a bit squirrely at times, but I figure I’m still riding above where I would alone so its maybe worth the extra grief. I still enjoy the girls ride much better, we still ride FAST but take longer pulls and spend less time jostling around and more time chatting (on the cool down of course!)

• Something clicked last night in the pool. Despite having a really sore back – which I think may have happened fighting the waves in the lake on sat- I felt really good, and well maybe it was because I was also practicing my drafting (thanks to jerry!) but my stroke was strong and smooth and for once I didn’t feel like a fish out of water, (ha that was terrible!).

• Got my first- and hopefully only- flat of the year last night. Coming home, about 1.5 miles from my house I was rolling over some rough road and all of a sudden I hear PSSSSSSSSSS… ugh. Yep flat. So even though I had an extra tube I decided to just kick of my shoes and run the rest of the way home. Ok jog, tough to go fast when you are holding your bike, carrying your shoes, and wearing just socks, and still sporting your helmet… I only got a few weird looks and beeps..

• I have been looking at bikes lately… its amazing to me having never ridden a TT bike the difference in feel. Everyone knows that I LOVE my six-13, love it! But I just know that a tt bike is necessary to keep moving forward. Don’t worry, as soon as I get one you will know.

• Work is work is work. Nothing really terribly exciting to say there. Never is. But the GOOD thing the past few months is I have not been traveling. Which has been awesome. I definitely don’t mind that part of my job but for a while there I was gone about half the time and that makes for a very complicated and hectic life. Something that I’m defiantly appreciating now!

• Bobby graduated with his MBA 2 weeks ago. now he is ready to bring in the big bucks. ha.


• Finally, a little “hey” to all the folks who read but I don’t know that you read but I’m glad that you do

4 comments:

Damie said...

I just finally got a TT bike. It is not built up yet, but I am looking forward to the change. I think when you have ridden other things, you can appreciate the difference, plus it motivates you to ride more!

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear that you are enjoying the group rides. Good luck with the bike purchase!

GoBigGreen said...

TT bikes... yummy. Fun. Get a reasonable frame and then pimp it out with cool wheels:)

Mary Bradbury said...

Oh my! With a TT bike, you'll just be that much harder to catch! Whoop whoop!

Well, it looks like you've planted your money tree now with the new grad! :) May it be fruitful!