Friday, June 5, 2009

just stuff.

For some reason I don’t remember all of these thunderstorms last year. Maybe because I didn’t care that much about training, maybe because I wasn’t really paying attention or maybe because we actually were in a pretty severe draught…yep that would make sense… but it seems that every day holds the chance for rain. And me, newly christened “weather girl” has been glued to the radar on some occasions wondering at what point the drops will start and if it’s possible to get the ride in or not. I’m about 50/50 on my predictions. Clearly in the same realm as the real weather predictors.
Much to my not liking (ha) I’ve signed up for the one mile Jordan Lake challenge this Sunday. BUT I have roped bobby into it as well. He was not too thrilled when he learned that I had signed him up in the Clydesdale group. But, well, he IS. And has a good chance of winning that division. Ok well maybe. Should be a fun morning, I think they swim where the duke half course was… and as we all know I need all the open water practice I can get. Especially sighting. And not veering off to the right into unchartered (and lonely) waters! I can only hope not to be completely embarrassed by the speedy Gaals…wonder if I can tie a rope to bri and have her pull me… and just say it’s me learning to draft….
Therapy – my first appt on Monday was very informative. And honestly very painful. I had ice packs on my back for the next two days and was wondering if this was truly the way to go. I went back yesterday and had another look at my x-rays and some more explanation. Some more ART and some more adjusting. I’ve actually felt a bit better (well last night) but mainly this morning at work. (yep writing the blog at work.) normally after sitting for an hour I’m shifting and rubbing and getting ready to go find some ice. But today has been good. even sitting thru a now 2 hr conference call I have been only feeling a few twinges here and there. So happy to report that I seem to be making some progress. Though it’s early and it’s not magically cured.
I spent a good deal of time last night (between periods of the hockey game, go pens!) trying to teach Madison a trick. Not a new trick, as she does not technically know any tricks at all. thought something simple like “shake” might be up her alley as we tried the treat on the nose thing and that lead to disaster and perhaps some low self esteem. I don’t think her head is level… anyway. She did it the first time and then a second and I thought we were on a roll. But then she had one of her “fish 15 second memory” moments and looked at me as if I was speaking French. The then laid her head on her paw and tried to sleep. good thing she is cute….

2 comments:

GoBigGreen said...

yea to open water swims! I have to hope it warms up here, air temp was 47 today when i rode. And tommorrow it wont be much warmer:(
Keep the faith with the butt pain. Hope it continues to get better.

Damie said...

mmm....glad it seems that therapy is going in the right direction! that is good news. :) good luck in the OW