I have been waiting months for this. Wait…. let me check…yep months! So I’ll go ahead and say it because any build up I try to generate will blow my cover. I had a PR in the pool this morning. One that I repeated several times. So I can now call it a true PR. I swam 1.21 100s. For me that is spectacular. Some other fishes out there will say phsih….. I do that all day long. But me. Nope! NEVER. That (A) beats my old record by 2 seconds and (B) I never even did that several times in a row. So there stupid head of mine saying that I can’t swim. AND I owe it all to the man who told me to make like a chicken, crazy right. not really, he explained how to make that shape with your elbow and (ahem) armpit during the pull, and it clicked. Guess all it took was a fowl farm reference to get me back in the game. Nice. So this called for a celebration and what better place to mark a mile stone than starbucks. Truly. So even though at 5 am when I was cursing – yet again- going to masters, it (ok yet again) turned out to be a good thing.
Jesus!!!! JH would you stop being right all the time! It’s really starting to get old! Ha.
And – thanks steph for making me part of your wedding! You were gorgeous!! Congrats :)

one final note.. i have been reduced to cheering for PITT in the madness. its the only team i have even a remote connection to. (thanks to my little bro's collegiate years...) they do make for an intersting game though.. sludging thru the first half and only coming alive in the last, oh 8 minutes or so to pull out a win. nice.
8 comments:
YOU ARE SO cute...that is why you emailed me this AM at like what, 7am??? And, Miss Daisy was swimming (then I went running), so I was not there to scream for you! :))) NICE WORK KARI.
PS Yeah, it makes you mad when I am right. Love it.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
That is awesome!! I never wanted to stop so much as I did on that last 200 this morning. Funniest thing, the guy in my lane (Parrish) I guess thought we were only doing 1x200, so when he went to grab the kickboard I said, "No, we have 1 more." The look on his face was priceless!
Yeah for PRs in the swim!!! Congrats Kari! Masters is where it's at - especially masters w/Bri and Marty!
By the way - I had Xavier over Pitt. Boo Pitt. They just keep winning...somehow... :)
YIPPPEEEEEEE! That's awesome - GREAT job! And the fact that you could share it with Bri and Marty - great! :) You ARE a swimmer! :)
That is awesome! I am still stuck on the 1:25 PR- don't know if I will ever break through! I have stopped watching the b-ball...no more Memphis= no more Damie. Glad you liked the t-shirt too- I am happy when I find others with a sense of humor :)
AWESOME! You can lead the lane next camp, ok:)?
I am still working on the open armpit thing, so far so good!
Make like a chicken? I don't get it, but if it worked for you hooray!!!
Hi Kari,
I just found your blog and wanted to say hi. We raced in the same age group last year at Kerr Lake and Duke half. I no longer live in NC so we won't be racing against each other this year. Good luck with your upcoming season.
Rebecca
Post a Comment