Procrastinator is such an ugly word. I prefer dilly-dally-er or maybe day dreamer. But it’s starting to catch up to me... and to some it’s not even endearing anymore, (gasp!) and that includes me. When I realized at 930 pm on Thursday night that I had yet to a- eat dinner, b- pack for my weekend at the beach or c-have any clean clothes to pack for my weekend at the beach, I knew I was in trouble. But see, trouble always finds me, we’re old friends and most times we find our way out. So despite having to get up at 6 to get a du brick in before the ride to the beach, I proceeded to go and get on my email figuring I would make a mental packing list while on the bike, on Friday, without pen and paper, leaving mere minutes to actually collect and pack those things. But no worries, I had friends to catch up with and blogs to read. But yet again I digress…..
Friday am I had a really good brick workout - 4 hours of bliss. really. i mean that. i love du's. ever since jen called me on sand bagging my runs have had a new purpose and i am feeling stronger, better, faster (to borrow from kanye) Getting excited for the next 2 races since they don’t involve any swimming. Sweet! after finishing my second run, I had approximately 45 minutes to recover, shower, pack and get myself and 2 dogs in the car and head east… phew. Did it! even had time to make a smoothie!! (ps i love smoothies. they are my newest best favorite thing. and the fact that there is a banana in there. come on! talk about bonus points! ha. though i will admit there needs to be a chocolate portion, usually protein powder, but of course we were out.. so i substituted the only thing i could find.. brownie mix.. ! ha. was fantastic.) and off I went, with a pile of CDs ready to keep me company. Now normally I would call everyone I know when alone in a car for 3 hours, but since it was the middle of the work day, after leaving a few VMs I gave up. Ugh. So I just sang along to a little jack. ok a lot of jack...
Friday night we had the rehearsal dinner for my sister in laws wedding. She was getting married on the beach in ocean isle. Great to see some people that I haven’t seen in a while. catch up on lives. And a gorgeous sunset over the ocean. There is something about the beach that I love. Its so beautiful and so calming and just seems to put things in perspective.
Saturday I woke up and decided to do my long run. It was pretty nippy out and I had only brought shorts so I ran in my new (and highly coveted) pink recovery socks. Now I’m not sure if it was the fact that they were keeping me warm, or my calves were just happy to be encased in compression for 2 hours, but that run was pleasantly good, well except for my decision to do the tempo portion into the wind gale... that perhaps was not a bright idea seeing that no matter how fast I tried to turn over, I could make no forward progress. i was telling myself "you are a hot knife thru butter. you are slicing thru the wind. you are so aero. wind - what wind.... " but you can only trick yourself but so much....
The wedding Saturday afternoon was gorgeous. Steph looked fantastic and happier than I have ever seen her. The ceremony on the beach was probably only made better when she reached down to greet her dog after coming down the aisle. We all have a soft spot there! We spent the rest of the day hanging out, eating, drinking, chatting, later dancing. Really fun day. Even though I was freezing…. Note to self – cute dress may need to be over-ruled for cool temperatures!

2 comments:
Kari! I love reading your blogs... they are so entertaining, clever, and funny. I only aspire for my blog to be as witty as yours. :) I owe you an email or call or something! It will happen soon... promise. Miss you!
GREAT weekend! I love that Jen called you a sandbagger! :) too funny. Hardly the case, you just werent all in her face with how fast / strong you are. As my T shirt said you just "Shut up and ran!"
Good idea on the brownie mix for smoothies. I think it was rene that said she put pudding mix in. Hmm...Whey pudding mix?
Cute dress, yea that is tough in the cold. That is why i cant go to fancy parties in the winter here, I have to wear long undies.
Post a Comment