Yes that’s ben franklin. The original perpetrator of day light savings and #1 on my sh*t list right now. I mean who needs him? We would have eventually figured out electricity (hello Doc Brown in back to the future…) and who really uses $100 bills?? Anyway yesterday was pretty much a mess, what with waking up at what I thought was a reasonable hour only to find out that NOPE I’d already passed that, but not of my own accord. So starting my run much later in the day kind of put a skew on everything else.. and today - I mean even at 7 am coming out of masters it was still dark! And you know that you are saying to yourself (and have been for the past 24 hours) that if the clock says 6, oh it really should be 5… how long does it take to shake that habit?
But it was a great weekend. A weekend that produced the first tan lines of the year. Yippie! A true sign of spring, though I will say that trying on fancy dresses with a watch tan was less than pretty. .. but they were well earned on a perfect long ride around Jordan lake saturday. Such a great ride that I didn’t want to get off my bike and may have gone slightly over my prescribed time in the saddle… but I felt so good, like I could ride forever. It was a good ride to end on before heading out west.
Yesterday we watched the Carolina/duke game with some friends. The tv was relocated to the back porch to allow for maximum enjoyment of the weather and foot ball tossing and dog playing. I even learned some new words … all stemming from the grudge Carolina fans still hold over the Hansbrough incident over 2 years ago. .. good stuff. thanks annie (for the bbq not the vocabulary!) then over to bri and marty’s to pick up a loaner bike case (thanks again!!) – they’ve got an amazing back yard, perfect for the word’s cutest Mohawk sporting dog. (and if you’re reading and you do have the cassette class – I will bring snacks.. or beer..)
So its another one of those days when I have too much to do and not enough time. (and no I’m not talking about work. who talks about work. boring!) i need to run by IOS and see if I can snag a jacket (at least if I’m warm descending mt lemmon I might freak out one degree less..) and some extra nuuns and maybe an odometer seeing as mine has stopped working, once again have forgotten to pick up food for a meeting tonight even though I have been to the grocery store each of the past 2 days, need to hit the atm and the post office – I’m wondering if I can smash that all into my lunch and still get home for a bit?? I know for most that would be a short list, but for me, who still has a gym session to get to this afternoon and has to be on the other side of town by 645, it’s a bit challenging. Typical for a Monday.
i heard on the radio today that 60% of americans have never left the state in which they were born. um WHAT? NEVER? are you kidding? unless you live in the state of bliss there is no excuse for that.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I hope you have a great time in AZ Kari!!! So, so awesome. Good luck getting all your stuff done before you leave. Why is it always a mad dash? Even when I try to really plan ahead and get things done...it's still a rush. Anyway - enjoy!! :)
going to to ride in AZ? sounds sooooo much fun and i am jealous! enjoy!!!!! boo work, hello climbing mountains on your bike!
Ok I love this. I totally agree. WTF IS BF thinking?
I hope i dont need to sleep too much while at camp either, dont think that will go over too well:)
Post a Comment