And while it’s not of significant magnitude, it does however constitute a hardship in my life. See, I’m not a morning person. SHOCKER. So anytime I have to get up at an UNreasonable hour, my mind revolts. Not a very nice thing to do. I would be willing to make a wager of any amount to the guaranteed fact that the night before, I will wake up no less than 10 times – check the clock, remember that I had the weirdest dream just then, and not be able to fall back asleep for some time. So things like am masters practice and early morning flights are not favorable activities for the mere fact that I am categorically, undeniably unable to sleep normally the night before.
My other problem? I cannot get the chlorine taste out of my mouth today. No matter what I eat or drink or chew on, it lingers. And it sucks!
But I had a decent practice this morning at masters, despite all the whining… my problem (gee there’s that word again…) is that there is too much to think about while I’m swimming… reach out, pull hard, rotate, finish stroke, BREATHE, what lap am I on, ouch (that’s from running into the lane rope), oooopps water down the hatch again, oh sh*t time to turn……. So I’m not quite there yet, because along with all of this swimming stuff my head swarms with random thoughts that have nothing to do with swimming and little to do with anything….
But the good thing about masters days is I get to come home and make a super good breakfast. Eggs, toast, oatmeal, milk, OJ.. the works. Love that. Just like I’m at Denny’s but without the toothless waitress and weird old people in the next booth. (OK I could have said Eat n Park there, but most of you would have no clue what that is.. for those who do…..go and eat a smiley cookie for me)
Looking forward to some super nice spring weather, 75 degrees!!!, perfect for a nice long ride, and run, and ride and run.....
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment