Thursday, April 16, 2009

christina aguilara need not apply.

So it’s pretty amazing what you can buy on craig’s list. I happen to be looking for a bike rack but stumbled across some other interesting items that I suppose someone somewhere might find appealing.. ..including a sears catalog, a collectible Pillsbury dough boy, and things so ugly that someone cannot even re-gift them for fear of losing a friend.
Anyway I was really hoping to also find a genie in a bottle as I’ve come to the point where I really do need three wishes…. Anyone with a magic wand would also be considered. So since many of you seem to be finding golden treasures on your runs lately I’m going to venture out soon and see what I can find… and with that…. I give you my three wishes: (in no particular order)
1- A band of elves, or even a singular elf would do, to come into the house at night, of course making no noise what so ever, who needs the extra racket…..and make my house immaculate. Unload the dishwasher, put away laundry, sort thru the mail, take my bike off the trainer and put all my shoes away, cook me dinner, and put fresh sheets on my bed every day. I would even leave him little cookies and directions to the store to buy milk. He could even come over early and watch a bit of television with me if he wanted to.
2- The ability to eat brownies and gummy bears and almond butter and vanilla milkshakes and cookie dough all day every day and get all the nutrients I need and not turn into a porker. Yes that is my second wish and I’m sticking to it. I love food and I love to eat. A LOT. So I would totally fork over a wish for this.
3- I’m going to save this one until I really need it. I mean, just like your birthday wish, they don’t come true if you say it out loud.  (ok yes I do realize that writing and speaking are completely different concepts…)
So in other need to know news, I am considering asking jen to add a new type of brick to my schedule. I did it last night and I think it could do wonders for my training… I went out on my hill repeat bike ride and coming home realized that I had no smoothie ingredients (read EMERGENCY!). so upon returning home, I jumped off my bike, changed my shoes and went (in full gear) to the grocery. Having to run thru the aisles, dodge kiddie carts and wayward customers milling over which brand of paper towels to buy, I got quite the work out. not to mention my procurement of strawberries turned into a full load.. I mean who doesn’t need hershey’s syrup and graham crackers? But back to my point, the legs were tired, the course was tough, I was dodging and weaving….. sounds like a brick to me!

5 comments:

Beth said...

That is an EXCELLENT new brick workout idea! Kind of like Xterra racing in the city? Either way, the important thing is, you got your post workout smoothie in!! :)

Jennifer Harrison said...

HAHA, great idea, Kari....I have never been on Craig's list...um, sounds lovely! HAHA :)

GoBigGreen said...

Oh yea I am in for that Brick. You could add a banana to that graham cracker/hershey syrup recipe and i bet you could take care of the nutrient side.
You are too funny.

ojs said...

Any type of brick involving food sounds good to me. Tuesday's our big section championship so I'll get a chance to hang out with Mark some more.

Maria and Nate said...

I love this! Can I steal your first 2 wishes?? ;) I didn't know that you would wish for number 2 because you are so healthy... the truth comes out kari... haha