>>>I love this record but I can’t see straight anymore…oh oh oh oh>>>>>>
Training took a bit of a back seat to the, ahem, festivities. But I did manage a du brick on Friday morning before heading off to vegas. Which went very well, and gives me some confidence for du nats coming up. I feel like I just need someone to yell “cadence” to me sometimes during the runs to remind me to pick it up… Though I will say getting on a plane after ending with and all out 5k is possibly not the brightest idea I have ever had.. but oh well… speaking of the plane ride. I’m pissed at southwest. They told me it was a direct flight, but their idea of direct and mine are not the same – well, you tell me.. does stopping in phoenix = direct. I think not! “but the same plane goes directly to vegas”.. um I call BS on that..
I managed an hour run in vegas, on the treadmill, as I refused to deal with the crowds on the strip. Normally when I’m out there for work I run a nice loop in the early morning (and see some interesting sights like the drunk cowboy or the guy with one shoe and an Eiffel tower souvenir drink…), but this time, well since that was about the time I was going to sleep… we’ll leave it at that.. Sunday night I was back on track with a pretty good interval workout on the trainer. The Clearwater 70.3 race was on tv that day and my dvr happened to pick it up. Great motivation while spinning. Though some of those stories are kind of sad and crying on the trainer is quite counter productive. Ha!
Anyway back to the grind. Heading over to the track today to see what I can muster. Still feeling like I’m in sleep debt of about 95 hours, but hoping that will soon pass. Happy training everyone!!



3 comments:
ditto, ditto, ditto. much needed!
Looks like a great time! Hooray for great friends and wonderful times. :) Sorry about the not-direct direct flight. But the rest sounds great! And besides, who needs sleep when you're with friends and having fun - right?!?
Awww, love this post! We had such a great weekend, and I'm glad you weren't too hungover to get your run in on Saturday! Good times.
Post a Comment