Friday, April 24, 2009

kŏn'fĭ-dəns



I’ve been staring at this all week. It’s my own little version of osmosis (remember in college when you would sleep with your finance book under your pillow and call it studying? Ok well I did..). I’m hoping that I can take this one little word and engrave it in my head. To me there is a big difference between confident and egotistical…. But I think when it comes to racing there is a bit more grey area, at least within ourselves. I learned a big lesson a few weeks ago at my first race this year and I don’t plan on repeating the mistake. This time I’M taking the attitude into the starting line and I’M going to be the one that everyone is looking at thinking “oh shit, she’s here”... (ok even if they are not, in my head they will be!). Tomorrow we head to Richmond, it’s been over a year since I’ve been back up there and I cannot wait to see some of my great friends! Maybe I’ll even do a little apt tour and go round the fan and look at all of the places I used to live. There are quite a few of them! cannot wait to eat dinner at Ipanema, and get yummy cupcakes, spend the weekend catching up...Richmond was a wonderful and actually quite long chapter in my life and it holds a lot of memories. A LOT. It was tough to leave three years ago. I know it could be emotional to run and bike on the same roads that I did for years, but I’m hoping that will give me just a little extra gumption to get the job done.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! And thanks for your support !! when I started this sport, I had no idea of the people I would meet , no make that the FANTASTIC people I would meet, along the way.

6 comments:

Rebecca DeWire said...

Good luck at your race! I also love your attitude about being confident. And have fun going down memory lane.

Marit C-L said...

Go get 'em Tiger! You're READY! Be strong - this is YOUR RACE!!!

Anonymous said...

GO GO GO!!! Keep your focus when that pain threshold is met and push through that barrier!

GoBigGreen said...

You are going to do great. Have fun and eat me a cupcake! ( eat if after the race, no sense losing it)

Beth said...

GOOOOOOOD LUCKKKKKKKK!!! Confidence is key. It doesn't have to be loud. Just in your heart. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Damie said...

Ha ha! I still believe in studying by osmosis...nothing else seems to work so why not try? I think confidence is good- you should step up to the line knowing you are a person for others to try to catch/beat. And, I don't think you will be egotistical as long as you have humility. And you have that. so there you go! have a great weekend.