Friday, April 3, 2009

put up or shut up.

Is it bad that I just got really really excited to race after listening to a message from the mechanic at IOS saying my wheels are ready and to bring my bike and he will put them on? YES really really excited!

In not so fascinating news. I have begun my taper. Taper means different things to different people. Some go a bit nuts with all the extra time on their hands and start to do crazy things like open twitter accounts or visit the zoo…. Some actually get uber-productive and go into super holly home-maker mode. Me? Well since this is a mini taper, ie 2 whole days of taper -- I realized last night that I have been doing 2-a-days all week….i plan to make the most of my mini. Starting today. Starting right now. ….. hmm……….. kind of tough to do at the office…

I’ve been trying to eat well this week, but someone, who will remain nameless.. thought it was a good idea to bring home a monster sized cookie cake. Now I’m not complaining, nope not for one second, because I LOVE these. and honestly it’s not unusual to have family sized baked goods (though I don’t technically have a family sized household) lurking in the pantry…. I’m trying SO HARD (ok maybe not that hard..) to squash the urge to dive in until after Sunday, but ummmm… well… hasn’t happened.

So I heard this quote the other day and it just really resonated with me so I thought I would enshrine it into blog land:

Don’t go to the grave with unused life in your veins.

Love that. maybe a bit on the doomsday side, but still speaks volumes I think. And I also think it’s a good, no make that great, summation of me, in a nut shell. Really. I’m a yes girl. Want to go to the beach? Yes. Want to eat ice cream till our mouths go numb? Yes. Want another drink? Yes. Want to ride 100 miles today? Yes. I tend to do things cause I want to, and I want to a lot. I tend to live very much IN the moment and not think too far ahead. Or actually at all. I don’t believe in regrets because there is a reason, right or wrong, that you did something or said something and if you are truly true to who you are you don’t filter those things. You just do them. or say them. has that gotten me in trouble? YES. Yes! But to be honest, it doesn’t bother me but so much. I mean I want people to take me for who I am and hopefully give me who they are. So there you have it. My little diatribe for the day.

So Sunday looms. I think I have found the suffering box and it now lies patiently waiting to come alive. I know I am stronger than I was last year. I know I am faster than I was last year. I just have to get out there and prove it.

3 comments:

GoBigGreen said...

Good luck:) I like your diatribe bc by meeting you and knowing you I am taking more risks to say YES, bc I usually say NO, then think it over and then say YES. This drives Rich nutso. So cool that you have family sized bakery items as we are entering birthday season in my family and that means monthly cupcake/cake oppportunities from April->October. Wanna visit?

Damie said...

what race are you doing? good luck! just think of all of the hard camp work- you are a different athlete this year. have fun and kick butt!

Beth said...

Well, good lucks would be a little late at this point...but I hope it went really well!!!! Can't wait to hear about it. And enjoy that cookie cake post race! :)