Tuesday, May 11, 2010

REV

here begins the fastest race report ever to hit blog land.

swim - shortened my normal deficit from about 4-5 mins to 1-2 mins. good improvement
bike- hilly and cold. flatted at mile 20. 30 mins to change. used heat of cops motorcycle to warm up. borrowed supplies from SUPER NICE guy who got hit by car at same intersection.
run- found the desire to finish but with a less than steller 43 min 10k.

grieved the mishap for about 12 hours and am back ready to roll.

madison had gotten really sick the night before and hearing that call from our sitter was pretty tough being 6 hours away. she's better though. back to her crazy self. THAT makes me happy.

7 comments:

Ange said...

OH man, I'm so sorry about your flat!!!!! If it's any consolation..I raced Saturday and I had a flat too. Except I didn't know it (tubulars...and able to keep bike Barely moving) and I spent the next day thinking I SUCKED! (bike was taken to car wihtout me and I didn't see flat 'til Sunday and then a picture.) So yes, we move on. Darnit! I'm glad your swim is feeling better! sub 40s for 50s is GREAT Kari!!!

Kim said...

ughhh a flat? total bummer! hey, i wonder if it was Ray Maker who helped you out - he was hit by a car!!
www.dcrainmaker.com

congrats on finishing strong and yay for improving the swim!

cheryl said...

ahhh, sorry about the flat, and Madison! you are a racing machine though, you'll have another race for sure soon!

Damie said...

glad madison is okay- and glad you survived the disappointment of travel just to flat. And, your 43 depression 10k beats my happy 10k any day. :)))) xxxxxooooooo

TriGirl Kate O said...

It was nice to see you on the run, even if oh so briefly! Sorry it wasn't the race you hoped for. We missed you for margaritas afterwards. NEXT TIME!!!

Tell Bobbie congrats. Glad the pup is ok!

Beth said...

Yeah for healthy pups!!! :) And moving on is the only thing you can do. (AFTER you celebrate your AWESOME swim of course!! :) Ready to shine at the next one!

mjcaron said...

Hey Karie! Congrats! That's a lot of stuff to happen in one race. Good grief. That's still a good run. Hey I ran a 10 mile trail run this past Sat. and I was thinking of you galloping up the hills in AZ.