Thursday, May 13, 2010

shiny happy people



its been a great week. bobby got a job on monday. one he is super excited about. madison is back to her little (i use that word in the affectionate sense cause she is NOT little) Gung-ga-lung self. work is lovely. no really. the pic was taken this morning. we had to do some staff directory so - me being the resident "graphic artist" (again a term i use in the broadest sense, kind of like when they ask is there a DR on board and a podiatrist raises his hand and they say 'good enough'- thats me!). so anyway photo shoot turned into who had the worst GPA in a college semester and who had the best Hillsborough Hike story (most folks here went to nc state and thats some big DIY pub crawl) (oh and FYI the girl who slid down the bowling alley in a skirt and stole a pin was tough to beat). good times. AND i am racing a local 10k this weekend. WOO WOO! my first open 10k in 2 years. crazy! and i got a comp entry. sweet. pays to know people in high places.

last time i did this race cotton sponsored it and i was a little distracted during... waving to all my co workers at the water stops!



promise JPH i wont do that again :)

AND team VS begins our serious doughman team training tonight. really. on the docket is a yogurt parfait then a tough ride, then a BBQ platter and a short 2 mile TT. look out. we will win this. (yes coach this is my weekly group ride!!)

5 comments:

Beth said...

Oh man - that is some seriously tough training you have planned there for doughman. Love the team name though!! Woo-hoo! :)

And I really do love the picture of you - you look so happy, as life should be. ;)

BriGaal said...

love that picture of you! I am so bummed to be missing our first official practice, but expect a detailed training report tomorrow.

Jennifer Harrison said...

CRACK ME UP! I do recall that 10k two years ago and you smiling your ass off....not this weekend. LOL :)
And, I think I saw that name of your team on Bri's FB or someplace, I LOVE IT! :)) have fun!

PS Congrats on bobby's new job! Now back to Masters? (you hate me). xo

mjcaron said...

Good luck in your 10k.. I can't wait to see how you do. Nice to hear you had a good week.

GoBigGreen said...

So I sure hope there are pictures of team VS and not by you since no time to eat and photograph and still
win!
Good luck this weekend! Like you told me, take a chance!