Wednesday, June 16, 2010

just in time

so the word of the day is OPPRESSIVE.



Tuesdays are track days. heading out there last night i heard this:
"kona hot"
"i cant get any air"
"this is why i dont use the sauna, i get it for free"
"i am drenched and its oh 4 minutes in"
"we are doing WHAT tonight?"
"i'm moving to alaska"

so needless to say it was pretty um, uncomfortable. But we got the work done. thanks mostly to my speedy friend who led us sweaty folk in circles. I know she loves it when i run directly behind her and pant heavily...and sometimes look at her butt. ha. Afterwards and after once again ringing out my clothes - contributing to the 6 liters of sweat i personally left on the track last night, i headed home, just as the monsoon hit. lovely timing mama nature. could you not have rained just 30 minutes earlier when we were screaming for releif?

so despite the weather some good numbers on the track. AND I come home to this:

we all know how much i LOVE getting mail. so i was estatic to open it up and find a bunch of goodies from the great folks at headsweats. nice. and it all really could not have come at a better time! i love this stuff! now.. what to wear first...


and this is just madison. she was sleeping till i snapped this..you can see her fuzzy feet...

11 comments:

Marit C-L said...

WOW - the headsweats gear will DEFINITELY come in handy for those super sweaty track sessions. ;) They look fantastic!! I would totally wear visors more if I had super cute ones to wear... okay - I love the black one with the blue flowers on the side.... definitely cute, but it's not peppered with logos everywhere. Just a small one that's super cute. ENJOY! You will definitely be stylin' when you train and race. Awesome :)

MH said...

i'll take kona or alaska. anyone who gives you GOOD stuff is fantastic. that stuff has to be good, i see it everywhere.

Jennifer Harrison said...

Kari !! I LOVE My headsweats Visors - I race with mine on and always have! LOVE them - HOW FUN! Take some pics of you in them for us! LOL ENJOY!

cheryl said...

ahhh, what a cute pic of Madison!

GoBigGreen said...

Ok 1st, no comment on your weather. You know my thoughts on that. MY bad I just need to move.
2nd: I think its bc i order lots and lots of stuff from HS so i am thrilled you can now test it for me. Love their stuff! I go thru the visors bc the elastic gets loose, so get them to tighten that up ok?:)
And can we get some visors with Jen's logo on it? YES, that would rock!

Beth said...

Sweet gear!! And I'm glad you have a bunch of them because once one of them turns stinky.... ;)

Oh man - running track in that type of heat is brutal. Great job. Do you think Madison will lose some of that fur in your hot Carolina summers??

Anonymous said...

Shannon- Kari you are my hero, I was sitting outside enjoying wine and dinner last night complaining how hot it was. I am sure any type of exercise outside would send me over the edge. YOU GO!

James Kling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AMY said...

you need to bring her back over to play with georgia! see what we can do about that steeler thing....

BriGaal said...

that is such a cute picture of madison and her hobbit feet

Courtney said...

I do know how you love your mail! Looks like a lot of very useful items in there. Especially the visor! Looking stylish is just as important as everything else when training.;)

LOVE Madison's photo! Such a cutiegirl.:)