The new TAF store opened up in Cameron village this week, well officially this Saturday…. But since I run with their race team, I got a great sneak peek on Tuesday night before our track workout. WOW. It even smells new! Talk about a kid in a candy store! It’s a pretty sweet set up with a whole separate training area downstairs. While we were down there Coach Sean had some words of advice for us. I paid attention. He said something that John Wooden used to tell his kids –
Practice makes Permanent.
Good stuff. And actually pretty relevant to my little noggin situation lately. He said that if you go hard and have confidence and put your best out there every day in practice, come race day that is what your body will know what to do. If you cut stuff short, go out too fast, don’t follow the plan, well we all know the word BONK. It kind of hit home for me. NOT because I’m sandbagging workouts. But because I know that this applies not only to the physical side of triathlon, but the mental side. I’m working a lot lately on finding that little voice inside of me that says “GOGOGOGO- this is YOUR TIME”.
I’ll get there. With a little help from my friends. And a little bit of “retrain the brain” (thanks MB). One race at a time I get closer. One workout at a time I find my voice inside getting stronger. Soon I’ll be roaring. You just wait.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good post.
AND....dont get Paralysis from Analysis. There come's a time where you just gotta shut that thing off!!
Have fun this weekend. I mean after the OWS, go get some puppy hugs and a eat some ice cream:) Talk to you soon!
I hear ya!
I know you'll be roaring. You totally have it in you, you just have to unleash it.
I gave Marty a pointed look when Sean mentioned John Wooden. He ignored me.
Good post and thanks for the shout out! I just finished reading Mind Gym, good stuff! It's common sense, but if you don't use it...
Now go go go! ;)
Post a Comment